2014 Young Leaders Seminar
The 2014 Class of Young Leaders will meet with returning participants for the annual meeting, scheduled to be held in Paris and Bordeaux, France.
The 2014 Young Leaders meeting will take place on October 8-12, 2014 in Paris and Bordeaux.
In Paris, they will meet the U.S. Ambassador to France, and a reception will be held at the French Foreign Ministry in the presence of Laurent Fabius, France’s Foreign Minister.
In Bordeaux, the Young Leaders will be hosted by Mayor Alain Juppé, himself a 1981 and 1982 Young Leader.
The agenda will include a dinner at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bordeaux with economic leaders from the region, a breakfast discussion on L’Hermione (the ship that brought La Fayette to Boston in 1780 to lend support to the Continental Army), as well as visits to many other sites in the city.
Created in 1981 to foster closer working relationships between French and American leaders in the post-war period, the Young Leaders program counts over 400 alumni including former President Bill Clinton, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former World Bank President Robert Zoellick, and business leader John Thain (CIT Group).
French Young Leaders include President Emmauel Macron, former President of French Republic Francois Hollande, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe, former Minister of Finance Pierre Moscovici, former Minister Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, and business leader Henri de Castries (AXA).
2014 American Young Leaders
- Elizabeth Askren, Freelance Conductor (Théâtre de Châtelet, Théâtre de St Quentin.); Cultural Attaché, Fondation des Etats-Unis
- Major Jordan Becker, Defense Policy Advisor, United States Mission to NATO
- Emma Fuerst Frelinghuysen, Senior Director, Private Brands, FreshDirect
- Guy Mounier, Chief Executive Officer, CustomerMatrix
- Anna “Anya” Neistat, Senior Director – Research, International Secretariat, Amnesty International
- Elena Pak, Senior Vice President, Resource Development, United Way of New York City
- Dana Stroul, Senior Professional Staff Member, Middle East and North Africa, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Joseph R. Truesdale IV, Foreign Service Officer, U.S. Department of State
2014 French Young Leaders
- Gwenhaël Le Boulay, Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- Nicolas Escoulan, Editorial Director, Europe 1
- Franck Gervais, Chief Executive Officer, Thalys International
- Dr. Pierre-Antoine Gourraud, PhD MPH, Assistant Professor, Translational Digital Medicine at School of Medicine Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco
- Fatima Hadj, Associate Director, Standard & Poor’s
- Cyril Kammoun, Managing Partner and CEO, Aforge Degroof Finance
- Julia Minkowski, Partner, Temime et Associés Law Office
- Lieutenant-Colonel Jean de Monicault, Speechwriter on strategic affairs for the Chief of the Defense Staff
- Alexis Morel, Director for Strategy, THALES
- Abdel Malek Riad, Economic Advisor to the President, French National Assembly
- Lubomira Rochet, Chief Digital Officer and Member of the Executive Committee, L’Oréal
- Alexandre Zapolsky, Founder and President, Linagora