Leading With Your Cultural Values
Transatlantic Forum with Dr. Beth Fisher-Yoshida, expert in negotiation, conflict resolution, and leadership at Columbia University
The success of any business depends significantly on a manager’s abilities. Even more so in the case of companies evolving in a multicultural environment. Multinational enterprise leaders often face the challenging task of managing multicultural teams when expanding their activities abroad. The French-American Foundation will welcome guest speaker Dr. Beth Fisher-Yoshida for an open discussion on the topic “Leading with Your Cultural Values”.
Dr. Fisher-Yoshida is Director and Faculty of the Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and Co-Chair of the Advanced Consortium for Cooperation, Conflict and Complexity (AC4) at the Earth Institute, both at Columbia University. Her main areas of expertise include negotiation, conflict resolution, collaborative processes and intercultural communication.
Readings on the topic:
- Wasserman, I. C. & Fisher-Yoshida, B. (2017). Communicating possibilities: A brief introduction to the coordinated management of meaning (CMM). Chagrin Falls, OH: Taos Institute. ISBN: 9781938552540
- Fisher-Yoshida, B. & Geller, K.D. (2009). Transnational leadership development: Preparing the next generation for the borderless business world. New York: Amacom.
- Fisher-Yoshida, B. (2005). Reframing conflict: Intercultural conflict as potential transformation. Journal of Intercultural Communication, No. 8, 2005.
- Mark Gerzon, Hot or cold conflict, Harvard Business Review
- Adam Galinsky and Maurice Schweitzer, It’s good to be the Queen . . . but it’s easier being the King McKinsey & Company, McKinsey&Company
- William Ury, Ury Power of Positive No, execuBooks
- Multiculturalisme versus interculturalisme: quelle approche adopter en management des organisations?, Centre de Ressources en Économie-Gestion (CREG) de l’académie de Versailles
- One Reason Mergers Fail: The Two Cultures Aren’t Compatible, Harvard Business Review