June 1, 2005
This poll, which sampled the opinions of 1,000 American adults and 1,000 French adults, was commissioned by the French-American Foundation and conducted by TNS-Sofres in June 2005.
This research serves to evaluate feelings between the two nations and measures public opinion in the following areas:
- perceived relationship between the two countries
- perceived influence of the United States in France
- perception of France’s place in the world
- opinion of the other country as a destination for living, work or study
- opinion of the efficiency and quality of various policy models (pertaining to security, technology, immigration, transportation, etc.) in each country
Many of the questions were repeated from the 2000 and 2002 polls, also conducted by TNS-Sofres.
Download PDF In French